African American Caregiver Seminar
February 22 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Caregiver 20/20: Catch the Vision
Saturday, February 22,
8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Light breakfast and lunch are included
Tarrant County College, South Campus, Student Center
5301 Campus Drive, Fort Worth 76119
The Alzheimer’s Association cordially invites family caregivers, senior care professionals, and the community at large to join us for the annual, half-day seminar, free of charge. Light breakfast and lunch are provided. Seminar topics include:
- Health Equity, Self-Advocacy and Medical Assessment for Disease and Brain Health
- Ten Warning Signs of Dementia and the Importance of Early Detection and Early Diagnosis
- Recent Alzheimer’s Research Findings and the Need for Greater Participation in Clinical Trials
- Preparing for the Future: Advanced Care Planning, Palliative Care and Hospice
- Strategies for Improving Self-Care and Reducing Caregiver Stress and Burden
There will be opportunities to converse with local community organizations providing resources for families impacted by dementia. Social workers can receive three hours of continuing education.
For more information, call Tia Viera at 817-336-4949.
New LifeStyles directories will be available!