Due to the current Corona Virus Social Distancing policies, most meetings and events have been cancelled and postponed. We will update events as we are notified, but please check with a facilitator, sponsor or location before going to any events listed here.
- This event has passed.
2019 Family Caregiver Expo
November 16, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
About this Event
The FAMILY CAREGIVER EXPO is to serve as a conduit that provides the family caregiver with ideas and solutions to help them better take care of their loved ones
JOIN US FOR A DAY OF RESOURCES!! ENTER TO WIN AN IPAD!!
Services that support the caregiver with Health screenings and prevention to ensure the caregiver’s well-being:
- Blood pressure
- Flu Vaccine
Speak with a Care Ambassador who will provide the family a road map of booths to visit based upon a consult with the Ambassador.
Education to provide better care for your loved one:
- Healthy cooking demos/snacks
- 30-minute seminars
- Caregiver Discussion Panel
- Mind/Body/Soul Presentations
- Virtual Dementia Tour
Experience the Virtual Dementia Tour developed to help family members learn more about the challenges their loved ones with dementia face.
Third-party resources that ease the burden of caregiving, including:
- In-home care – Home Health, Personal Care, Hospice
- Independent or Assisted living facilities
- Rehabilitative services, both in-home and at a facility
- Transportation services
- Specific Disease support
- Medical supplies and equipment
- State and county service support agencies
- Insurance and legal support